Friday, January 6, 2017
Puppy Love Hat
I saw a puppy hat on Facebook the other day and fell in love with it! Lucky for me, the pattern was free by Repeat Crafter Me. You can find the pattern on her site here. She offers great photos, tips, tutorials, and a video. I made a few changes which are outlined in this post. This hat is also available in my Etsy shop.
The basic hat is perfect and comes together quickly. I made the 6-9 months size.
This is the first hat I ever made with ear-flaps and they were so easy I don't know why I waited to long.
They lined up perfectly!
I used the pink to line the hat and then added braids. Instead of using 9 strands of yarn in three different colors on each ear flap I did six in pink. Also, the inside of the ears are smaller on mine because I skipped a row. This was not intentional but it worked out in the end. If I ws doing an adult size hat, I would increase the size of the ears.
I did not have button eyes so I crocheted them:
Make a Magic Loop
Single crochet 8 inside the loop
Pull inside loop tight
Slip stitch to connect and tie off
This is so adorable I cannot wait to make more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment